April 05, 2012

Passe' Maundy Thursday

For my family no more.
  
But I have to say, I am a Catholic. I was born and raised in a Catholic family. I grew up in our barrio where senakulo or pabasa occurred (and still does) every Holy Week. I studied for eleven years in a Catholic school. I studied for four years in a Catholic university where I had taken religion classes. But  I guess those were not enough and as I got older and  mature, this is what I realized: I am not religious at all. At ayoko ipilit. Plastikada lang?! Fortunately (maybe unfortunately), Elmer and I share the same attitude towards religion. Our family does not go to church every Sunday, next to not at all. Oh no, I'm not proud. Just saying. I have to partly credit that to the nature of Elmer's job and mine. Well, that's another story to tell.

Every Holy Week, we still eat meat just like how we do mostly on regular days. This is how we spent our Maundy Thursday.

Big Daddy
Worried baka mawala...ang Daddy
 

She enjoys inserting the tokens more than the ride.
Nagutom ang lahat. Mang inasal para solb.
Yes, nag-karne kami on Maundy Thursday.
 
Gutom na. Hindi nag-rice ng breakfast at lunch e.
You alreydi Calli!
'Di na mapakali

Sa sobrang gutom, nakalimutan nang picturan ang food.
Dessert na lang inabot.
Humalo-halo pa. Ang ginaw na nga!
Madaming siyang gutom.
Habang kumakain pa kami ni Daddy,
nag-picturan pa sila ng yaya niya sa Jollibee.
Picture daw sila sa malaking "igg"

Nikki and Calli have always wanted to try this. Pero I didn't let them kasi madami palaging bata. That time, the "track" was clear. So I let Calli to try.

First with Daddy, biglang umayaw
Si Ate Lyn daw niya ang gusto. Choosy pa!
"Ayaw ko na Daddy."
Walking down Session Road
Uwian na kasi pagod at antok na si Calli Bully-lit.


We choose to leave the fasting and all that Holy Week-related stuff to those who choose to practice them. We believe that all these things can be done even not during Holy Week. (The problem is, we still don't. Hamsosori naman.) What I'm just trying to say is, my family is not a traditional Catholic. This is who we are. This is how we roll. Please don't judge us. ^_^


Girls and guys, how do you spend your Holy Week? And what does your family practice during Holy Week?

Ciao! ♥
  

2 comments:

  1. we stayed at home watching "king of kings" . bit chilly outside. it's just another ordinary day here really! rprojectww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you and Tita Cynthia have work? Same with us. Just an ordinary day. Regards to Tita Cynthia, Rhys and Rahl! ^_^

      Delete

Go ahead. Make my day!