April 22, 2012

Burnham Park Is The Place To Be

When I was in college, I always found Burnham Park so sleazy, and the family picnics and the boating and the dating so cheesy. I really didn't get people who do that...in Burnham Park.

Just a li'l FYI thingy -- Burnham Park is centered around a man-made lake located at the heart of Baguio City. It was named after the city's planner, Daniel Burnham. The park is a favorite place of local residents and visitors alike. There are different facilities for recreation and relaxation that are available in the park. You can row a boat, have a picnic, attend an outdoor concert, watch a football game, go biking, or just take a leisurely stroll around the park.

When I became a mom of two, I started to look at things differently, in a positive way. I appreciate nature more - the pine trees, mountains, flowers, etc. - and a lot more other things that I look at differently now, plus, I now understand why families do such things in Burnham Park that I before thought as cheesy. Because Burnham Park is for everyone.

When Calli and I had an accidental bonding moment last week in Burnham Park, I had the chance to observe people from different walks of life doing their own thing in the park.


Praktis kung praktis si kuya.
Walang basagan ng trip. Pagod e.
The famous Burnham Lake.
100% tourists.
I love seeing old couples still together. Bihira na itey sa panahon ngayon.
Okay, anong ganap?
In-avail ni ate ang banana cue. Sarap?
Oh, ano ding ganap dito?
Wow, may massage pala ditey.
Ang 'di pwedeng makita ni Calli, pero nakita pa din.
Ang kinahiligan ko din nung bata.
Humihirit si Calli. 'Di pwede kako.
The famous "Baguio City" beanies.

I asked myself when was the last time my family was here in Burnham Park. It was on that one fine day in August 2011 when we went boating and let Nikki and Calli play in the children's playground. Seeing these people doing their own thing in Burnham Park, or doing nothing all, makes me want to go on a long-been-wanting-to-do picnic here with my family. Plan, plan, plan. I gotta make that happen before the rainy days come.

I've grown to realize that Burnham Park is the best place for families to do family activities, have picnic, simply bond or just do nothing on a lazy free time. 

Ciao! 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!