April 16, 2012

Taste Buds At Work: Army Navy's Bully Boy Burger And Chicken Burrito

Remember this post from couple of days ago? During times like this, I always exploit Elmer's hazy thinking and decision-making. ^_^ So before going home, I asked him first for us to grab a bite. And since we were already in Session Road and had been longing to dine at Army Navy Session Road, we chose Army Navy to dine at. By the way, Army Navy branch in Session Road was only put up earlier this year. The one in Camp John Hay has been there for a long time already, I guess. But I have yet to try dining at Army Navy Camp John Hay.

Now in Session Road

The place was of course, clean because it's new and gave a different ambiance from other restaurants and food shops.


The menu board was simple and the menu itself was easy to understand. And I have to say they offer a variety.


Elmer has a very huge attachment to anything related to the military. That's another reason why he had been wanting to try dining at Army Navy. More than the food and how they taste, it was the "feeling" that he wanted to feel. Okay, don't even get me started with that topic. 

He had Army Navy's famous Bully Boy Burger while I had Chicken Burrito. Bully Boy Burger is Army Navy's big burger with triple quarter-pound natural beef patties, topped with fresh crispy lettuce, tomato slice & onions, mayo & ketchup on toasted sesame seed kaiser bun.(Made Big to Beef up a Battalion). On the other hand, burrito is a flour tortilla with meat (chicken in mine), Spanish rice, beans, onions, lettuce and cilantro served with salsa and a slice of lime.


The burger has noticeably juicy beef patties complemented by the fresh lettuce, tomato and onion slices. The mayo and ketchup made this burger complete. The patties have a distinctive smokey flavor. My only complaint was that it was too towering for a burger that one could hardly take a bite without getting messy or the patties sliding off the bun. You know what I mean, yes?

Elmer's burger, still warm in its wrapper
Taran!

At first I was like, "Hindi naman pala ganun kalaki?" Then when it was revealed, "Hanlaki naman pala, Mahal!" Opkors, di ko pinalampas. Tinikman ko din ang burger ni Elmer.

For the burrito, I think it tasted good and was very filling. It was quite colossal for a tiny (but with a big tummy) girl like me . ^_^  It was flavorful - bold and rich flavors. Nabusog talaga ako.

My burrito, still warm in its wrapper
Makapal ang tortilla. 'Yun lang.
Is there even juice in that slice of lime?

The entire time I was enjoying my burrito, I was wondering what this slice of lime was for. Deadma pa din. I consumed the salsa. I left the slice of lime on the plate.

I didn't remember until I saw this photo that I actually took a photo of this poster Steps To Eating A Burrito. There's the answer to my question. Item number 2. Tsk, tsk.

Their iced tea which they call LiberTea was served in tall cups. I sure can tell it's not like the ordinary iced tea that are served in other fast food restaurants. There's something different about it. It must be the price. Haha. I have to say it is one pricey iced tea indeed.

LiberTea, P75 each
The tissue. ^_^
The Green and Red Chili Sauces. ^_^
Their site URL. ^_^
Their mission. ^_^

We came in super hungry, walked out super happy. Mission accomplished!

I must say, Army Navy is an excellent choice for those who have madaming madaming gutom. 

My Verdict: I will definitely come back to try some others on their menu.

Note: There may be a lot of other blogs out there that offer an extensive and more detailed review on the same topic as the above. Things I put here are just my two cents. I don't even consider this a review. Just a kwento on the experience per se. Enjoy! ^_^

Ciao! ♥
  

2 comments:

  1. ang mahal dyan grabe.P75 for an iced tea.ridiculous...haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naku, sinabi mo pa. Kung hindi lang si Elmer ang magbabayad e hindi kami magbabayad dun. Hehe.

      Delete

Go ahead. Make my day!