April 06, 2012

Calli And Barney And Friends

Who is that purple and green Tyrannosaurus Rex dinosaur singing along with neighborhood friends? Kids can answer that question with no sweat. Barney! 

Barney who? Doesn't ring a bell to me. If you're a mom and that's how you roll, then I'd say you're an alien. You must be from Mars. Who doesn't know Barney and the gang? Baby Bop, BJ, and Riff? 

At an age of a li'l less than two years old, Calli already met and knew Barney. I would let her watch videos of him on YouTube. She liked him, but I can't say she loved her already. I can still remember how Nikki, when she was about that same age, would spend the whole morning watching her entire collection of Barney DVDs over and over. That, I'd say, was love. But that's another story to tell.


Instead of YouTube videos, I bought Calli some Barney DVDs. Her Ate Nikki's Barney DVDs are left in either Pangasinan or Nueva Ecija. I don't know already. So I had to buy new ones. I was expecting Calli to be like her Ate Nikki - to sit still in front of the TV for hours watching Barney. I was disappointed. She would just ask me to play Barney on the DVD player, watch for a few minutes and leave the TV and do something else. That was last year. She had just turned two years old then. She was like that until she already forgot about the DVDs. 

The DVDs were just sitting on top of our TV since then until today. She found the DVDs while I was doing some cleaning and she was playing in our living room. She asked me again to play Barney, so I did. I was surprised because she was already like her Ate Nikki towards Barney when she was like that age. Calli is now two years and eight months old. I guess she was just not at the age then when she's supposed to be "addicted" to Barney.

Look at her now. 

She found Ate Nikki's medals.
I like that - still and quiet.
And laser focused
 
 
 
May tali na sa buhok, hindi pa din kumikilos.

And after about 30 minutes, one DVD was over. But Calli did not seem quite over it. 

"Ulit, Mommy."

And back to 00:00.


I love it! And I love you, Barney. I think this is gonna buy me some time to do my own thing without a li'l girl "enslaving" me. Yes, that's the most appropriate word I can think of. ^_^

Ciao! ♥
  

1 comment:

Go ahead. Make my day!