April 22, 2012

Let's Get Lost: Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio City

So I've already mentioned here that I played as a tour guide to my sisterful Vian and her seaman boyfriend, Jerico, from Romblon who just got off a ship. I asked him if people from Romblon or from the south for that matter, really have that eagerness like he had to set foot here in Baguio City. He answered yes, in a way how people from the north would die to visit Boracay.

In the twelve years so far that I've stayed here in Baguio City, there are still places I've never been to, foods that I've never tasted and things that I've never tried here in Baguio City. That's why I was excited to be their tour guide, so I could revisit some tourist spots here. Another thing that made me want to do this was because Calli was going with us. The two years and nine months that Calli has been living here in Baguio City, she has never been to any of the places we visited that day. So that day turned out like another bonding day for Calli and me.

Warning: This is a picture-heavy post. Enjoy! ^_^

We left the house at around 9AM.

All-prepared Calli for one day city tour
Jerico, my sisterful's boyfriend, Vian, my sisterful, and opkors Calli

Couple of meters away from the house, may ganitong eksena. Ang bagong Havs, waley! Pero nagawan ng paraan.

Lumusot palabas ang strap ng kanyang Havs.

First Stop: Strawberry Farm in La Trinidad, Benguet

Syempre in-avail namin ni Calli ang view.
Strawberry flavored ice cream.
In-avail din ni Calli 'yan.

Second Stop: Bell Church

Gaya-gaya talaga ng pose si Calli.
Calli was so fond of her Tito Jerico.
Vian: Bawal daw Jerico. Tara na!

Third Stop: Lunch at Good Taste Cafe And Restaurant, Behind Baguio Center Mall

Hard-to-find Restaurant; Lucky-I-found-it you when you do
Tommy na kami ditey.

We were wondering at first how far that half order of buttered chicken in the menu would get us. We were kinda on a budget. When it was served, we were like, "Whoa!" Ten or eleven pieces of buttered chicken for three and a half persons. Kami na ang sumuko sa dami. I'd say that's a L.O.T. and affordable at the same time. All we ordered including soup and drinks for only P290+ pesos.


I love taking photos of flowers.


Okay, okay. Enough with the macro shots.

Fourth Stop: Wright Park


On the way to Wright Park, we were already telling Calli that we were going to see many horses. Calli was even like, "Horsies Mommeeh? Horsies!" So I was like, "Oo Mahal. Maraming horsies!"

And yet, may eksenang ganito.

Calli: Mommeeh, peheram (refers to the camera, pauses for a quick second)? Pi-picture ko ang kalabaw!

Akala ko klaro na. Super laughs na lang kami.

The horses.

Calli and Tita V.

We didn't stay long in Wright Park. Mabaho ang mga kalabaw, err, kabayo.

Her fierce and pa-kyut poses.
Gaya-gaya, maya puto (Just like how Calli says it).

On our way to The Mansion, there was one lady, maybe in her early 40's, and a gentleman who came up to Calli. The lady said to Calli, "Anak, picture tayo?" Calli responded with, "Ayaw." The lady again begged as she showed to Calli her camera and tripod, "Sige na anak? Picture na tayo please?" Calli again said, "Ayaw." I intervened, "Pasensiya na po. Wala na sa mood. Pagod na kasi." The lady just smiled and said, "Sayang! Ang cute kasi e." I could only smile back at her.

Vian: Ate, parang celebrity lang ah. Pero ambata pa, may attitude na!

Super laughs again. 

Manager lang ang peg ko. Or PA kaya? ^_^

Fifth Stop: The Mansion

In-avail din ni Calli ang strawberry flavored taho.

As the day progressed, we got lazier and lazier (and laziest para to the superlative level na) to take photos. Obviously, we already got tired. As in super tired kaya pa-konti nang pa-konti ang pictures.

Obviously, pagoda triangle na si Calli...at ako din!

Sixth Stop: Mines View Park

Calli in a palimos-po pose.

One by-stander commented, "Ang cute namang pulubi niyan." Syempre puma-proud mommy on the side naman ako. Ganun talaga ang mga mommies. Aminin!

Ang totoong turista na lang ang um-effort mag-pumicture sa Mines View Park. Calli and I just sat on a corner.


Ayun oh! Pumo-photo op.

Seventh Stop: Good Shepherd Convent

Following the yellow footsteps to the convent.

As in almost-zero energy na kami ditey. Wala nang gana pumicture. We just went inside, showed Jerico what's being sold inside, showed the view (pero marami uma-avail ng view for photo op) and left.

Last Stop: Razon's Restaurant in Session Road

Waiting for our halo-halo.

I guess that whole day with severely hot weather that we decided to end with a glass of Razon's halo-halo made me sick the past two days. And I'm nursing a cold until now. Ssshhh! My boss might get to read this. (Don't worry boss. I'm coming back to work tomorrow. ^_^)

That was one helluva tiring day. Best in init that day. Best in pagod naman kami. But it was a very enjoyable and fun day. I enjoyed that day with Calli and my sisterful and with Jerico na din (Napilitan lang? Haha). I was so proud of Calli. She didn't have any arte moment kahit super antok na siya when we were on our way to Wright Park. Naka-power nap kasi siya sa jeep. She was so game to long walks and climbing up long stairs.

I wish I can do this again with both Calli and Nikki next time and in a different city that we all have not been to yet. You can be assured that I'll let you know when that happens.

Ciao! ♥
  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks sisterette..alam ko yung leave form mo tlaga nagpagaling sayo..hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hindi din. Tinrangkaso ako nung pag-alis niyo nung umaga. Pero magaling na ako ngayon. Haha!

      Delete

Go ahead. Make my day!