April 28, 2012

I Heart Guimba

Guimba is a humble town located in the province of Nueva Ecija.

Guimba is a 1st class municipality in the province of Nueva Ecija, Philippines. According to the latest census, it has a population of 96,116 people in 19,207 households. It was incorporated by the King of Spain by virtue of a royal decree in 1897. Source

Note that "1st class". Shala ha! ^_^ Let me also just say, it has 64 barangays. Oh yeah, that many.


People's primary means of living is farming. Thus the photo above.
Last time I set foot in Guimba was on my sisterful's birthday in December. Just for a li'l background, I was born and raised and spent 16+ years of my life in Guimba, Nueva Ecija until I moved to college and eventually found work here in Baguio after a short stint in Manila.

I revisited my beloved hometown on Wednesday because Calli's one week vacation was over. I had to bring her back here to Baguio. Elmer was wondering why I had to let Calli go down to Guimba for five days only and when I knew for a fact that the heat and humidity in lowlands these days were beyond imaginable. That made me think. I guess, I just needed a reason to be there even only for two days.

You know, despite Baguio's cool weather, I still miss Guimba's heat at times. And more than anything else, my (crazy) family and relatives are in Guimba. I love to see them once in a while and be crazy with my Muder and siblings.

My family now lives here in Baguio. Elmer and I have jobs here in Baguio. Nikki goes to school here in Baguio. I now have to accept the reality that Guimba is vacation, Baguio is life. *Sighs*
Image Source
Ciao! ♥
  

1 comment:

Go ahead. Make my day!