April 09, 2012

A Happy Artster Sunday

It felt like it was just an ordinary day for our family yesterday. Elmer and I had work. But I tried to make it a li'l special for Calli. In the morning, Elmer did some quick grocery shopping. I specifically instructed him to buy eggs and water color. Calli and I were making Easter eggs! He bought a dozen eggs and water color. Even if he still had to work in the afternoon, he still went on a quick grocery shopping in the morning because I said I needed those. I told him that I was gonna blog about the Easter eggs that Calli and I were gonna make. Before, he would give me a face whenever I talked about my blog, this blog. I thanked him for being obedient. I think he's now getting my blogging. Okay, that's another story.

On a different note, I have always wondered why eggs are so famous during Easter? They even have to be hunted, yes? And there's the bunny and the painting of the eggs to name a few more. I didn't bother finding out until last week.

According to my source, Easter is a Christian festival. For Christians the custom of giving eggs at Easter celebrates new life. And legend has it that the Saxon goddess Eostre found a wounded bird and transformed it into a hare, so that it could survive the Winter. The hare found it could lay eggs, so it decorated these each Spring and left them as offering to the goddess. Howkei.

Going back. We used water color because it was cheaper than any of our other options. Check out how it went and Calli's mess-terpiece!

Sinisipat pa ang itlog.
Kinain na ang nabasag na itlog
Ayown, may apron pala kami.
Wow! Parang alam ah.
Anligaya lang!
'Kala ko inaamoy, hinihipan pala.
Those "artistic" li'l hands
Spell mess
My "creation".
Sorry naman at ganyang level lang ang kinaya ko.
^_^
Ayan may crack na.
Kumbaga sa painting, abstract lang ang level.
In fairness, parang may konting ganda naman. ^_^

What good were these Easter eggs for after being painted on (read: dirtied, abused) by Calli? I think you have an idea. Find out on my next post. 

Ciao! ♥

2 comments:

Go ahead. Make my day!