April 21, 2012

How Do I Love Thee?

Every time my sickness gets validated by my company clinic, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to feel. Am I happy because I have extra days to rest? Am I sad because I am actually sick?

Yesterday, I played as my sisterful and her boyfriend's tour guide. The boyfriend hails from a far city in Romblon. That explains his fascination over Baguio City. Okay, I will not talk about him here. I'll make a separate post about him and our city tour. 

Going back. Yesterday was a very hot and exhausting day. When it was almost evening, I already started feeling a headache. I was so tired and already not feeling well. I just had to wash Calli and put  her in her peej. Then after a tablet of paracetamol, there was my zero-energy body on the bed with Calli.

When I woke up this morning, I felt energized again. I thought I was feeling better until I started sneezing and coughing like there's no tomorrow. The sneezing and coughing almost stopped until I could hardly breathe already. That's what happened all day which worsened earlier this evening. I ignored it because it was just Calli and me in the house. Elmer went to work. My sisterful and her boyfriend went out to the mall to do some shopping. I cannot not feel well whenever my daughters and I are alone in the house. Plus, I have work at 2AM tomorrow (or shall I say later because it's already 11:50PM). 

But when my sisterful and her boyfriend arrived earlier at almost 9PM, breathing became more difficult. Good thing I was able to put Calli to sleep early tonight because she didn't have her afternoon siesta. I was thinking. Oh my G! This can't be happening. I'm having asthma attack again. Whenever I'm having an attack, I cry. I don't know why but I can't help crying every single time. I felt like I was dying. That's how I feel every time I'm having asthma attacks. 

I decided that I drag myself to my company clinic. I was nebulized then I was already feeling so much better. Still, I was given a day of SL by my company doctor. He said I should REST.


And that explains why I'm still awake...and blogging. ^_^

Tomorrow, my sisterful and her boyfriend are leaving for Nueva Ecija. Guess who's going with them. A-huh! Calli! She's going on a week vacation. On my next rest days, I will fetch her from Nueva Ecija.

I'm sad because I'm sick. I'm happy for the extra day of rest. I'm sad because Calli's leaving mommy and daddy for a vacation. I'm happy because Calli's leaving and does not have to be near a sick mommy. 

So there. I am sad and happy at the same time.

Mommies out there, be healthy for your kids, yes? Sick mommies out there like me now, let's get well. 

Ciao! 
  

2 comments:

  1. There are always two sides. :D
    Me too, I am asthmatic. I was happy I was absent for school because I have a reason to go away from stress. At the same time I am sad because I have to suffer another day with this illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. School can be very stressful. But having an attack can also be and very tiring too. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day!