April 10, 2012

My Far-From-Devilish Deviled Eggs

This is what Calli's Easter eggs ended up like. 

I checked out a couple of recipes online. I'm not really a fan of following recipe instructions. Wow! expert lang?! Because even if I followed them to a tee, sometimes palpak pa din. But I'm left with no choice. 

For these deviled eggs, I used my instinct on the measurements. Uy, me ganun?! Basta swak na sa panlasa, keri na.

Here's my version of deviled eggs.

What I used:

4 Eggs, boiled
3-4 tbsp mayonnaise
Onion, minced
Prepared mustard
Paprika
Salt
Pepper

Here's how to do these.

1. Hard boil and peel the eggs.



2. Cut the eggs into halves, lengthwise. Then scoop out and set aside the egg yolks.



3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the egg yolks and mash 'em up.


4. Spoon a mixture into the egg white halves.
  
Eksena lang 'yung pan de sal! ^_^

5. Hindi naman kasama, pero naisip ko na din lagyan ng cheese sa ibabaw. 'La lang. Walang basagan ng trip, 'kay? Blog ko 'to! ^_^

Voila!

How were they? I'd say, not devilish at all. But there was nothing extraordinary about them. Alam niyo 'yung egg sandwich spread? Ganun ang lasa. Para lang ako kumakain ng egg sandwich sans the bread. Ayun na mismo!

Nevertheless (Wow! May nevertheless pa ako? Ako na!), I enjoyed these far-from-devilish deviled eggs after all. More than the taste, it was the experience preparing them that was enjoyable. Ngayon alam ko na hindi ko na dapat ito ulitin. Iba na lang. Nyaha! ^_^

Ciao! ♥

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping by my blog!
    I also like Deviled Eggs -- I soon discovered mas masarap if you mix half-and-half Japanese mayo and regular sandwich spread combined with the rest of the filling. :))) I like you cheese garnish idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by Ms. Michelle, and for the tip. ^_^

      Delete

Go ahead. Make my day!