April 20, 2012

No Kidding: Rhys, A Smart Kuya


Serious Facts About This Überly Adorable Kid

Complete Name: Rhys Callum Pedro
Nickname: Rhys
Birthday: December 25, 2008
Proud Momma: Cynthia Torres
Proud Daddy: Rudy Pedro
Favorite Food: Soups especially corn soup
Favorite Game/s: Hide-and-Seek; Kiddie games on his iPad like phonetics and animal naming games

Rhys is my Tito Rudy's (my Muder's youngest sibling who now resides in London) first child. Ergo, Rhys is my first cousin. Yeah, there's a huge difference between our ages. But let's not talk about that. Rhys also has an equally adorable younger brother Rahl whom I will also feature here soon. Let's also not talk about Rahl in the mean time. (Rahl, you'll have your moment soon, buddy.)

Rhys was supposed to come out on December 13, 2008 but he must be enjoying the warmth of his mummy's tummy still that he decided to come out two weeks later on a cold Christmas winter night.

When he was only about a year old, his daddy showed me some videos of him already - wait for it - reading. At that age. Wow! Kamag-anak nga kita, Rhys! ^_^

"We started showing him a series of DVDs called "Your Baby Can Read", which was sent to him by his Tita Ninang from Canada, when he was about 4 months old. Before he turned 1, he could already identify words and actions (from the DVDs). At the age of 3, he could already count from 1 up to 100, identify different shapes including isosceles triangle and name all colours", said Tito Rudy.  

I can tell based on his daddy and mummy's stories about him that he is such one active kid. He loves to play hide-and-seek. His favourite part is counting from 1 to 10 then saying "Ready or not, here I come!" in all perfect British accent. Oh how I love that accent! That's why I so love watching Charlie and Harry's YouTube video called "Charlie bit my finger - again!" I have a huge share of views of that video. ^_^

He is also super addicted to "Cars" and "Thomas And Friends". In fact, he has collected all character toys and can name all of them.

"He also likes playing puzzles and watching Mother Goose nursery. We're not showing him any violent movies or cartoons. He adopts very quickly on what he sees or hears. He is now going on nursery and he is showing off at school. Teachers are actually amazed when he reads a book in the classroom!"

This young fella has already been to a couple of countries like Canada, France, the Netherlands, the USA but never the Philippines yet. Yeah, I have yet to see him in person. I can't help but wonder, if this kid looks so handsomely adorable on photos, how much more in person? His red rosy cheeks and perfectly handsome smile just make me wanna kiss him all over his face. And the way he dresses like a li'l young man, that sure tells who his daddy is.

"I'm sure he will be so excited when he visits the Philippines for the first time! He can play as much as he wants with his nieces Calli and Nikki and his cousins!"

Yes, he's my Nikki and Calli's Tito Rhys although he's much younger than Nikki. ^_^

Wanna see more of Rhys? Subscribe to his daddy's YouTube channel rprojectww.

If you would like me to feature your kid in No Kidding, submit his/her photo and some info about him/her like Complete Name, Nickname, Birthday, Parents' Names, Favorite Food, Favorite Game, Distinct Characteristic/s, etc. to my email address cpcarbonell [at] yahoo [dot] com with subject "No Kidding", or kahit wala ng subject, keri na. ^_^

Ciao!
■■■■■■■■■■
“The best predictor of a child’s success is a parent doing everything in his or her power to help that child succeed.”
~ Margie Gillies
■■■■■■■■■■

4 comments:

Go ahead. Make my day!