March 28, 2012

BHGCS Recognition Day 2012

Recognition Day was one of the many school programs that I was always excited about when I was still in elementary and high school. Aside from getting my medals and ribbons every year (Oh yes, I was a smart kid ^_^), Recognitiom Day had always marked that it was officially school vacation. Yay! How I miss my school days.

It was Nikki's Recognition Day today. She ended this school year second in class. Aside from that, she was her class' Best in Mathematics, Best in Makabayan and Most Helpful. Nakaka-proud naman talaga si Ate Nikki ko. It came to me as a surprise. Of all subjects that she would excel in, Math and Makabayan pa?! Those were the two subjects that we had to allot the most time in reviewing for exams because I thought she was having a hard time with them. Akalain mo nga naman? She was the best pa pala in those subjects. Astig!

It slipped my mind that it was her Recognition Day today that I forgot to file for a leave 2 weeks ago. So I still had to come to work, but I was so thankful to my boss that he let me leave work early so I could attend. Thank you so much Boss Jan! ^_^

The programme said that it would start at 8AM. Of course it did...not. Good thing I anticipated that. I left work at 9AM. The guest speaker was still blabbering when I got there. The awarding ceremony didn't start until 10AM. Sweet! 

Picture-picture muna while waiting.
It was a fine day.

Sabi ko kay Elmer picturan ako. Ito ang pinicturan?! Sabi pa niya, "Ang ganda mo dito." Saan ako diyan?! Poste?!

Haggardo Versoza na naman ako dito. 
Moi and Ate Nikki
The Guest Speaker
Grade 3 Students' Presentation

Sadly, I was not yet there when Nikki's class performed. 

Elmer and I already agreed on him going up on the stage with Nikki to receive the awards, and I would take photos. Yet, he still dressed kinda inappropriately.  Just like me, he just came straight from work, but earlier, at 7AM. So while waiting, he asked me instead to go with Nikki on stage. He said I was dressed more appropriately "kahit papaano". I told him, he was dressed okay. But he already decided that I accompany Nikki on stage and he take photos instead. He even said that, last year it was him who went with Nikki on stage to receive her awards so this time it should be me. Okay, fine. I don't know what got into him, at the very last minute, he changed his mind. "Sige, ako na lang." I'm just guessing that he was feeling proud of Nikki too, opkors and that he was her father. And his "boss" was in the audience because his sons also go to the same school. Best in pa-bida! ^_^

Daddy and Nikki on stage. Applause!
Sadyang 'di tumitingin si Daddy sa camera. Camera-shy?
May pagka-antukin din itong si Ate Nikki sa picture. ^_^
Her medals

The Celebration

Nothing grandiose. We celebrated it simply by having lunch somewhere. Just the three of us. Sakto kasi madami kaming gutom ni Elmer. Elmer hadn't had breakfast yet. I hadn't eaten anything since last night.  

Calli was at home with her yaya. We didn't bother bringing her with us because Elmer said "Araw ni Nikki 'to." That's how we are to them. We give each of them their own "my" time.

We randomly chose 50's Diner and chose the one in Military Cut-off because it was nearer and we have not tried dining there before. 

50's Diner in Military Cut-off
The Menu; A lot to choose from; Interesting names
Of course, she chose the first chicken item she found on the menu.
Inside the diner  
The waitresses have nurse-looking uniform
The Wall. Parang angkokorni ng mga movies noon. Tingin niyo? 
Aaaw, hanlaki na ni Ate Nikki ko.
Han-sweet!
Inatake na naman nang pagiging kj.
Asar na sa kaka-picture namin. Bleh!
The star of the day
Moi
Hot choco for Ate Nikki,
Strawberry shake for Daddy, Watermelon shake for Mommy
Daddy giving Nikki a hand
Grandma's Chicken for Daddy, P140

Three pieces of friend chicken with gravy and steamed rice. All of that for that price? I'd say not expensive at all. 

The Famous 50's Burger, P95


For moi. It sure looks small in this photo, pero hanlaki niya! I love it that the bun was soft and the burger patty was not dry at all.

Chicken and Rice for Ate Nikki, P135(?)

Hindi din sila masyadong mahilig sa chicken.

What a mess!

Didn't I say na marami kaming gutom? Yes, I did.

Nikki was staring at something.
"Daddy kain naman tayo ulit diyan next time?"
Still checking out her medals until we got home.
'Di maka-get over?

Congratulations Ate Nikki! Finishing this year as second on top of your class was really oh-some. That's awesomeness, Mahal!

All of these only mean one thing - school vacation! Sigh. I could really use a little rest from some expenses these times. 

Ciao! 
  

4 comments:

  1. wow ang galing naman ni Nikki. proud mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Mina! (Di ako galit nyan, chos!)

    Congratulations to Nikki! Ang galing galing nya! And ang laki laki na nga nya. Buti na lang di sinuot ni Nikki yung cardigan (?), kung hende, matatago ang uber gandang rapols ng dress. Hehe. BTW, I can't help but agree na... ang dami nyo ngang gutom! Hahahaha! Anyhow, enjoy your day off. Eto naiinggit kami ni Gibson sa inyo. Sana day off na rin namin. Hahaha!

    Golden

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day!