March 14, 2012

After-work Bonding With Girl Friends

PAGASA had already officially declared that it is summer. Even without the official declaration, we can already feel the scorching heat of the sun. 'Mind you, nasa Baguio kami but the sun can still be very unforgiving on some days.

With that said, lately, Golden and I have been talking a lot about Razon's halo-halo - She and her husband Jeff, already having tried it recently and I, having my visiting mom try it (and she loved it). And how we both look forward to having our next glasses of Razon's halo-halo. Coincidentally, another workmate invited her to have halo-halo at Razon's yesterday. Then Golden invited me and Apol to join them. It was a date!

What's a better way to spend bonding time with friends than do it over good food? Da best 'di ba? Lalo na'ng mga Pinoy, hilig kumain. There we were in the jeepney after work, off to SM City Baguio. I was already secretly enjoying the halo-halo in my mind. True itey! ^_^


We were so disappointed to find out na nagsara na pala ang Razon's sa SM. I thought of us going to Razon's in Session Road sana, pero 'di ko na sinuggest. Lakas ng ulan e. Plus most of us have other planned things to do in SM. Hassle naman kung aakyat na naman kami pabalik ng SM from Razon's after. Buti na lang na-enjoy ko na 'yung halo-halo sa jeep pa lang. Haha. That left us undecided where to eat then. And no one was suggesting where to eat but Apol. Turned down din ang suggestion niya kasi may bet lumafang ng rice. Buti na lang, there was an ad stand not too far from where we stood undecided. Ad ng Point-and-Grill Resto. Siya na!

Not a bad choice. I've already tried dining there a couple of times in the past. In every single time, the experience was good. Food may not be the best, but it was great. Dami pang choices and very affordable. You may choose from their choices of food platters for only P159 and that already includes a side dish and a glass of iced tea. There's also a variety of combo meals with side dish for only P99 each and you may just add P15 to that and you already have a small glass of iced tea with it. 

Medyo nega lang ang customer service. Prompt ang service and the waitress was courteous...at first...pero I could smell the sarcasm in our waitress's response to Flor when Flor asked after all our orders came in except hers, "Nasaan 'yung Chicken Inasal?". Waitress responded with, "Inulit ko po 'yung order niyo 'di ba?" Gusto ko sabihin, "Ah ganun ba? Hindi kasi kami nakikinig nun." Haha. Sorry naman, pero the way she said it, I think, was discourteous and nakakairita talaga. Buti na lang kalmado lang kami lahat nun. No one was in war-mode. ^_^

Enough with that. Here's what each of us had.

Baby Back Ribs for Apol - P99
Apol's only complaint was that it had too much sauce on it.

Pork Cordon Bleu for Golden - P99

Golden is a self-confessed cheese lover.

Breaded Pork Chop for Shelley - P99

"Sa pork chop pa lang, busog na ako. Baka 'di ko na makain ang rice." - Shelley. Every serving was really generous. I consider it quite big for normal-sized ladies like us.

Chicken Inasal for Flor - P99

Have I mentioned that the servings were big? Haha. Ulitin ko lang. Kahit matakaw ako, 'di ko keri ubusin 'yan. Kalahating kilong manok na yata 'yan e.

Halo-halo for Flor - P59

Pinanindigan niya talaga ang mag-halo-halo that day kahit anlamig na dahil sa malakas na ulan. Hehe. (Parang sinabi ko lang kanina na summer na, tapos may ulan? Ganun talaga!) Ako 'di ko na kinaya. Tsaka Razon's gusto ko talaga. ^_^

Beef Brocolli - P99

I ordered Beef Brocolli. That's what I promised myself the last time I dined at Point-and-Grill with Elmer. I ordered Sisig that time and he went for Beef Brocolli. I didn't enjoy my Sisig because I thought it was too dry, and the overall taste didn't meet my expectation. When I tasted his Beef Brocolli, sabi ko, "Sana 'yun na lang ang in-order ko". And the rest is history. (Me ganun pa? Haha)

Just like what Apol said on her blog about this experience, it feels good to be able to go out sometimes with some girl friends, especially when most of the time, you go and eat out with your husband and kids. It's a worry-free dining. You just let the time pass chit-chatting without having to worry about your kids making a lot of mess, or tripping up the filled glasses or the sauces at the center of the table, or running around the place whenever they don't feel like eating anymore and you still do.

I need more like this. It was quick and unplanned but I enjoyed. Thank you Golden, Flor, Shelley and Apol for the company. Next time, Razon's halo-halo na talaga.

Ciao! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!