October 23, 2011

On White Walls, White Board and Birthday Greetings

It's Elmer's birthday today. 

Again...

♪ Happy birthday to you. ♫
♫ Happy birthday to you. ♪
♪ Happy birthday, happy birthday. ♫
♫ Happy birthday to you. ♪

Yay!!!

This coming Monday and Tuesday is going to be Nikki's periodical exams. With my previous experiences in reviewing with her, math is the only subject that we had to spend 1-2 hours for 2-3 days of review. For the other subjects, we only spent 1-2 hours each.

Lemme give you a li'l background. Our apartment had these clean, white walls...until we lived there and Calli used her lovely pens, pencils and crayons and started writing on them. Besides her usual writing paraphernalia, Nikki and Calli own a common humongous box of Crayola (not-so) washable and non-toxic (supposedly) outdoor colour chalk. Need I say more?

Going back.  

Last time we reviewed for math, I had a hard time showing Nikki how the book came up with the answers because I had to write in pieces of papers, you know, scrap papers, to show her how to add 3-digit numbers and subtract a large number from another large number. The common Grade 2 math operations. The usual "carry-x" and "borrow-x" things. So I came up with this super great idea to use one side of the wall in our living room as our "black" board. (I used chalk and not ink marker so I have to say "black" board although the wall's white. :D ) I got the chance to write on Calli's freedom wall using their colour chalk. I chose red but I tried to write very very lightly, but still visible, as I could. Since then I declared that part of the wall should be the only wall in the house that they could write on. Guess if that ever happened? You guessed absolutely right! Kids...whew!

The clean white walls are now a thing of the past.

This time, I thought that I got a handy white board and a marker for Nikki instead. So I did. With those, we can review inside  the bedroom without Calli disturbing us as she and yaya stroll outside in the street. (Only very, very few vehicles pass by the street in front of our apartment, so it's safe.) That's how I came up with the idea of buying a white board and a marker. Nikki, being naturally sweet as she is, thought of this idea of greeting her daddy on his birthday.

The tandem and Nikki's creation.

So I copied her.

The copycat

No party. No grandiose food. No elegant cake. No nothing. Just us, eating out later in a resto somewhere...after my shift and after visiting the chapel.

Ciao! ♥
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!