September 19, 2012

Let's Get Lost: Puerto Princesa City, Palawan

Did you think I was done writing about our recent Palawan adventure? I did too. I thought wrong, hindi pa pala! ^_^

Whenever I browse our 1000+ photos (I'm serious, we have that many), I feel like I want to upload all of them. But I only have free Flickr account so I can't do that. Unless, of course, I upgrade my Flickr which I don't feel like doing at the moment. I picked some photos na lang and added a little (close to nothing) of my creativity. I would like to share them to you that's why I'm still writing about it. I know, it's been over a week already. Kahit na, blog ko naman 'toh! ^_^

Day 1, 9.3.2012: Touched Down Palawan; KaLui In The Evening

Group

KaLui
 
Day 2, 9.4.2012: Underground River; Ugong Rock Adventures

New folder13

Underground River Start

Underground River

Cave 1

Cave 2

Bayawak

Us Ugong Rock
"Hard hat area"

IMG_0474

IMG_0477
Ate Divine, Our guide up to Station 1

IMG_0478

Mina Ugong Rock
Akalain mo 'yan, nagkasya ako diyan.

IMG_0563

IMG_0555

IMG_0501

IMG_0503

IMG_0490

IMG_0476
We did it the hard way!

New folder
Zip line na pababa. Woohoo!

IMG_0620

IMG_0619

Day 3, 9.5.2012: Honday Bay Island Hopping; Ihawig Firefly Watching

Honday Bay 1

Honda Bay 2

Snorkel
That was me, covered with all those fishes.
I was feeding them, the photo looks like they were feeding on me.

Luli and Pandan
Luli Island on the top row; Pandan Islan at the bottom

Snorkel In Pandan
I never took my life vest off; Shokot!

Starfish

Only photo I captured in Iwahig
 
Day 4, 9.6.2012: City Tour

New folder (3)1

New folder (3)2

New folder (3)3

New folder (3)4
My sun-kissed skin got so many more kisses from Mr. Sun; Behave ang croc

IMG_0378

New folder (3)5
Sta. Monica Ranch

New folder (3)6

New folder (3)7

New folder (3)8

New folder (3)9

New folder (3)10

New folder (3)11

New folder (3)12

New folder (3)13
Fresh Flower Petals arranged on a basin of water. Ganda!

New folder (3)14

New folder (3)15
Binuatan Weaving; In-avail ko ang experience ng mag-weave.

New folder (3)16
Theyre' so many and inexpensive.

New folder (3)17
Plaza Cuartel

IMG_0556
Baliwan 2012

New folder (3)18

New folder (3)19
Baywalk Area

Day 5, 9.7.2012: PPR Public Market; Bye-bye Palawan!

New folder (4)1

New folder (4)2

ByePPR
Yey! Window seat ako pauwi!

Fluffy

I find a trip to Palawan (because of the activities the place offers) not recommended to a family with young kids like mine. 'Yung may mga toddlers pa in the family. I'm not saying not to bring your kids with you when going to Palawan. Pwede naman. I just think toddlers will not yet appreciate some tourist spots, like the Underground River. But! If they're not afraid of the water, they will surely love snorkeling and swimming with the fishes in the sea. I still have to say, it's more fun if you visit Palawan with young adults with you like your barkada, your family if they are adventurous, your kids if you think they can already appreciate nature and are capable of doing activities like rock climbing and snorkeling.

Palaweños are so amazing, warm and hospitable. I must say, they have good sense of humor. Well, at least those we had the chance to have a chat with like Kuya Erwin, our van driver for 3 days, the boatman in Sabang that transferred us to the start point of the Underground River cruise, the boatman/guide during the Underground River cruise, the boatmen in Honda Bay that transferred us around the islands, the boatman during the firefly watching, the hotel van driver that transferred us from the hotel to the airport and the tricycle driver. In fair, marunong sila lahat mag-deliver ng jokes at funny comments. Lalo na si Kuya Erwin. Andami naming laughs sa kanya. Anlaki ng katawan pero vaklush na vaklush ang lingo. But he's not gay at all. Nakatipid talaga kami kasi we didn't avail of a tourist guide's service na. Si Kuya Erwin winner. Driver na, tourist guide pa.

Apparently, Palaweños are very active in promoting tourism in Palawan. I think they underwent some kind of seminar or training on how to deal with guests. All of them, from van drivers, tricycle drivers, boatmen, tourist guides, everyone, are really so warm and passionate in promoting Palawan. They refer to tourists as their guests. Iba ang dating 'di ba? We felt so welcomed to Palawan. Obviously, because they gain so much from tourism, they have to make sure that their guests are very well-treated. Ambabait nila. Nakakabilib talaga!

Another thing that amazed me is that Palawan never got hit by a devastating typhoon nor shaken by a deadly earthquake in the longest time because of its geographical location. That explains daw, sabi ni Kuya Erwin, most houses, on the way to Sabang where the Undeground River is, are only made up of nipa and other non-concrete stuff. At super lawak pala ng Puerto Princesa City. After driving for 2 hours from the city proper to Sabang, akalain mo, Puerto Princesa City pa din 'yun. Barangay lang pala ang Sabang, Akala ko naman e another town na ng Palawan. 

I hope Palaweños can preserve the beauty of their place espcially the Underground River para when Nikki and Calli are ready and brave to explore Palawan (read: when I'm ready and brave to bring Nikki and Calli to Palawan), it's still there just as how beautiful it is now. And I hope those evil souls that continue to exploit the beauty of Palawan, well, matauhan na sila.

From the things that I read about Palawan, Coron is as spectacular, if not more, as Puerto Princesa. And the place brings guests closer to nature. I look forward to seeing you, Coron!

Ciao! ♥
 

2 comments:

  1. magphotobucket ka na o kaya google drive para malaki laki ang space ng photos mo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you had a wonderful time.Lovely and amazing photos..

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead. Make my day!