August 02, 2014

Calli's #GlycoCake By Glyco Sweetshop

Calli's only request for her birthday was a cake with Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and Olaf on it. You know naman how little girls (and some little boys) are addicted to Frozen these days. I got a little worried kasi 'kala ko walang gumagawa ng fondant cakes dito sa Baguio. My family never had a fondant cake ever before. It's a good thing that my officemate knew someone who knewa bakeshop that specializes in fondant cakes - Glyco Sweetshop.

She suggested that I immediately checked their Facebook page. So I did. Agad-agad! #excited

In fairness, I was impressed and delighted with their works. Honggaganda mga 'teh! Amazing talaga!

That very afternoon, sugod agad ako sa shop nila sa DPS Compound (near Victory Liner Terminal in PNR). I brought with me the design that Calli chose among the designs I showed her that I got off of the Internet.  





I just thought of it now, I should have taken at least a photo of the shop or maybe the cupcakes displayed. Maliit lang 'yung shop nila to dine in. There were only three, small two-seater tables inside the shop na 'pag nagkasabay-sabay ang mga tao sa loob e super crowded na.

Going back.


I was there, lalaki ang mga staff nila. I showed the guy the design that I wanted for Calli's cake. Php 1,500 daw 'yun. Mahalia! Pero, I kinda expected it naman. Na-heads-up-an na ako e. I was begging Calli to choose the other design na one layer lang and Olaf lang ang design. Ayaw ng bagets. Okay, fine.

I paid 50% downpayment. We agreed on me picking it up on July 27 at 10AM and giving the remaining balance on the same day. Done deal.


I brought Calli with me when I picked up her cake. We dropped by Jollibee pa to buy a bucket of chicken joy. That's her eating a burger sa taas. Then from Jollibee Session, off we went to Glyco Sweetshop in DPS Compound.

Calli and I already saw her cake pagkapasok pa lang namin sa shop. Abot hanggang tenga ang ngiti ng bagets ah! Syempre pati ako. They've done it exactly how it looks like in the photo that I showed them. Ang galing!


However, there was a problem. I was kinda disappointed. I knew it! Pagkasabi pa lang niya ng "Ay, ma'am...". Tengene, patay na. I thought, dito na masisira ang impression ko sa kanila.
Staff: Ay ma'am, mali po 'yung nabigay kong price sa 'nyo. Php 1,800 po pala dapat 'yung ganung design.

Me: 'Nu ba 'yan?!

Mabuti na lang birthday ni Calli that day. Ayokong magpaka-nega. I had no choice but to pay an additional Php 300 on top of the balance ko na Php 750. Haaays!

Glyco Sweet Points: -1

Okay, bayad na. Next. Did you see sa photo sa taas kung paano namin naabutan sa table 'yung cake? How it's packaged? Di ba walang plastic churva around the box? Akala ko kasi, pagkabayad ko, iba-box na nila sa magandang box just like the cupcakes na andun din na looked like ready for pick-up on that day. Si kuya, hindi kumikilos. Then I realized, ganun na pala 'yun!

Me: Ganyan na 'yan?! Walang plastic around the box? Ita-taxi ko lang kasi 'yan. Paano kung maalikabok?

Aba, si kuya, rumespond naman pero halatang imbey! Kinuha ang cake, pumasok sa kitchen nila at bumalik with the cake looking like this.



Homayged! Pinalibutan lang niyang cling wrap! At yung sticks sa gilid serving as stands, barbeque sticks lang sila na naka-scotch tape.

Malowka!

Glyco Sweet Points: -2

Only if it were another day, I had more time to argue and Calli was not with me, that guy would have heard an earful from me and the manager/owner been called out from where she was at that time to behind that counter.

Oh well, mabuti na lang talaga havey na havey 'yung cake! Pwede nang i-ignore ang experience. But it was definitely, totally not a good first business experience with Glyco Sweetshop.



One more thing, they even got Calli's name misspelled. I am one of the people I know who have the most legible and pinakamagandang handwriting (oo, ako na talaga, haha) and I don't think I would misspell my own child's name sa order slip. E ngayon pa na marunong nang mag-spell at magbasa si Calli. So she noticed it too.



Glyco Sweet Points: -3

Pero 'ka ko nga, ignore na lang. Tingnan n'yo naman ang birthday girl namin.





She wanted us to finish the cake agad-agad kasi that upper part of the doll lang ang nasa cake. The legs, and the dress of the doll, binigay nila sa akin para i-assemble daw after. She wanted to play with the doll na.
How's the cake 'ka n'yo? The taste? I chose red velvet, mukha lang choco sa picture sa baba. Masarap, in fair! Super moist. I liked the cream filling between the layers.



At first bite, I thought it tasted very much like something from my childhood. It took a couple of servings before I figured it out. It tasted like the kabayan bread na binibili sa bakery sa probinsiya namin nun. Malayong masarap na version nga lang.

That's all I can share about my personal experience sa Glyco Sweetshop.

Will I still go back to their shop? Yes. I gotta try their cupcakes. Masarap daw e. I-try na 'yan habang nagkakape! They also serve coffee din kasi.

Will I still order cakes from them? Yes. I just hope next time, mas maganda na ang experience ko with them.

That's all, mga 'teh!

Ciao! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!