October 31, 2013

Taste Buds At Work: Emong Malunggay Pandesal

First night of my long(er) weekend in Guimba, my sister was scheduled on night hospital duty. Before she left for work --


Me: 'bili mo 'ko ng Amazing Aloha pag-uwi mo bukas sister.

Vian: Okay.

The next morning, sa awa ng Diyos, walang Amazing Aloha. But she got me these --

I wanted to be disappointed pero na-excite na lang ako. I had been hearing a lot about Emong Malunggay Pandesal from our househelp, Ate Emily. Masarap daw. Super. At blockbuster palagi ang pila. 

Diz iz it!



That's 15 pieces of freshly baked malunggay pandesal, P2.00 a piece. Ambango lang! (If nag-compute ka, yes, P30.00 lahat 'yan. Galing mo sa Math kid!) ^_^


Although, Emong Malunggay Pandesals are a bit smaller than Baguio's Danes Pandesal that I'm used to buying, I think they're much tastier. They're quite crispy on the outside - parang matigas at first look, pero parang lang - and soft and chewy inside. 

However, I wondered why "malunggay"? There was no hint of malunggay taste in them. I don't know, maybe it was just me. When I looked closer --


Ah okay. Meron naman palang mga tiny flakes of, I suppose, malunggay. 

Also, I find these pandesal sweeter than most pandesals that I've tasted. Vian said they're better when hot. I have to say they really were, pero masarap pa din, at malambot, even nung afternoon na hindi na sila mainit. 

Anyhow, I liked Emong Malunggay Pandesal. At first, I thought it was an original product of Guimba, hindi pala. May kilala kasi akong Mang Emong sa Guimba. 'Kala ko business niya. Haha! I Googled and learned that this bakery is all over the Philippines, originally from Bulacan. Wala pa kasi yata sa Baguio nito, o baka lang hindi pa nakarating sa akin ang balita. 

Those who have tasted Emong Malunggay Pandesal, 'no say niyo?

Emong Malunggay Pandesal
Poblacion, Next to 7-11 
Guimba, Nueva Ecija

Note: There may be a lot of other blogs out there that offer an extensive and more detailed review on the same topic as the above. Things I put here are just my two cents. I don't even consider this a review. Just a kwento on the experience per se. Enjoy! ^_^ 7-11

Ciao! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!