February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Is Not For Every Couple

Valentine's day is overrated. Yes, I said it. It really is! (Or at least in my opinion). Because for most (read: people like Elmer and me), it's just an ordinary day. Elmer and I have the same belief that Valentine's day (with all the usual romantic stuff like dinner dates and chocolates and bouquets of flowers and heart-shaped whatever) is only for new couples, for highschool puppy lovers. Ganyan kami ka-kill joy ni Elmer pagdating sa Valentine's Day. 

I think one's fondness towards the celebration of this day is indirectly related to one's age. I'm just saying na as couples age, iba na ang trip nila sa pag-celebrate ng mga occasions like Valentine's day. How are we gonna spend this day? Wala. May work kami pareho at super baliktad ang sked namin. So wala lang. Just an ordinary day. But I'm still planning to cook something later, like spaghetti. Birthday party lang ang drama.

Last year nag-exchange gift kami. Ewan ko if may gift siya sa akin this year. Pero ako wala. Kasi...may Valentine's card ako pinadala sa kanya thru mail. Talagang pumunta ako sa post office at hinulog ko ang sulat. I even remember the day when I was at the post office. Para akong tanga. I was checking each counter. 'Di pa ako sure at first kung saang counter ako dapat pumila. Nagtanong pa ako. Hindi ko alam kung nasaan ang "dropbox". Feeling ko katawa-tawa ang hitsura ko ng araw na 'yun. Akala ko naka-uwang lang yung takip ng box. Yun pala, dun ihuhulog (or I assumed). Until today, hindi pa din dumadating ang card sa bahay. Feeling ko naligaw na siya. Wala pa naman return address 'yun. At least pag may return address, babalik sa bahay 'yun, sakto 'pag si Elmer din ang naka-receive. E di hindi na-defeat ang purpose ko diva? I have to blame the Internet for that ignorance.

By the way, look at this photo I took kaninang madaling araw in my station. Kinopya ko lang from the email greeting sent by HR. ^_^

My middle finger showing some lewv to my index finger

Ciao! ♥

Update: When I got home, I found out that he had been waiting for me before he prepared for work. Lunch was ready (opkors, almost 2PM na 'yun hane). He took my jacket off me (which was very unusual) then hugged me and whispered, "Happy Valentine's Day, Mahal!"

Me: Bakit bumubulong ka pa?

Elmer: Kasi kakatulog lang ni Calli.

Ngek! Usually naman kahit tulog si Calli e normal lang ang volume ng usapan namin sa bahay. Palusot at arte much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day!